TT and BBL Combo; Is it okay for me to have both procedures done together? Is 14 days of complete rest enough time for recovery?

I'm a 28 yr old healthy mother currently weighing 130 lbs at 5ft. I recently had a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon requesting a TT and Brazilian butt lift procedure. I plan to gain more weight for my desired volume (600cc's). I know that having these procedures separate is ideal because of risks, discomfort, and results but my employer is only allowing me to be out 14 days. I naturally sleep on my sides and have a high tolerance for pain. Job does not require 2 much walk/lift

Tummy tuck and BBL

+2
  • Many surgeons will do the tummy tuck and BBL at the same time. Many won't -
  • Every surgeon's nightmare is a serious complication in a young mother like yourself.
  • It is a matter of balancing your risks and discomfort of recovery
  • The risk of blood clots can be reduced with blood thinners,
  • This increases the risk of bleeding after surgery.
  • There is no right answer. If you liked the plastic surgeon you consulted, discuss the possibility of a combined procedure again.
  • He may convince you it is best to do them separately - if not, you may get another opinion.
  • If both feel you should separate the surgeries.....they might be right!

Combining tummy tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift can make postop recovery difficult

+1
Having significant surgical procedures on the front and back of the body can make your recovery difficult.  Following a tummy tuck I would not want to be laying on your stomach and following a Brazilian But Lift it could be difficult to lay on your back.  14 days of recovery would be appropriate for either procedure but for the reasons above I would suggest you not do them at the same time.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Multiple procedures - TT and BBL

+1
This combination is one of the most common I perform in my surgery center.  The pre operative evaluation is always critical to determining which patient is a candidate.  You present yourself is young and healthy, so you are the best candidate for the procedure.  You can only use the fat as you take it, so do both together. Your surgeon should be able to show you results if he has confidence in the surgery.  Good Luck

Neil Gottlieb, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

+1

Whether the combination surgery is indicated and/or safe should be evaluated on an individualized basis.  Factors such health status, physical examination,  goals,  selection of plastic surgeon,  exact procedures planned, estimated blood loss, duration of surgery,  recovery considerations, anesthesia provider, surgery facility are all important considerations. Whether or not you will be able to return to work 2 weeks after surgery will be best determined by your plastic surgeon who knows you best. How you are progressing after surgery and whether or not you have experience any complications will  play a role.