Maxiofacial Dr verses a plastic surgeon

can a dr who had maxiofacial training with training in costmetic do a Lower face lift just like a plastic surgeon can???? i have a dr locally who said he can do. any opinions please

Maxillofacial Surgeons are facial surgery experts.

+1

The answer lies in our training! As a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, my practice consists of 25% facial cosmetic, 50% dental implants and bone grafting, and the rest craniofacial surgery. We are truely the only specialty dedicated to the head and nect including cancer reconstruction. 

Many "plastic surgeons" work on all parts of the human anatomy, so this type of surgeon may do breasts and buttocks on day, and a nose or facelift the next.  This is not to say that these surgeons are not qualified to do these procedures, however they are not focused solely on the face. This also doesn't mean that all OMS do plastic procedures either so look had at any surgeons credentials before you decide. Look at their website and their photos to see where their focus. I specialize in just a few procedures all above the clavicles. No one can be the master of the whole body

Baltimore Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.