Is There Any Maximum Syringes for Perlane to Be Injected Lower Cheek (Same Area)

I have lost a lot of volume in the lower cheek area beside the nostrils to the corner of my mouth. Would 3 to 4 syringes be too much to be added in such a small area? Would there be any negative effects if I were to add 3/4 syringes in a small area? Would that affect my smile? Thanks.

Perlane and volume

+1

It is best to answer this question after first assessing you in person, or at least viewing a photo. It is very difficult to determine the volume loss and amount of product that may be necessary for correction without a thorough consult.

How much is too much Perlane

+1

Greetings~

It's difficult to say how much Perlane a person may need without seeing them.  Some patients that are very volume deficient may need 3-4 syringes.  Experienced injectors know not to place too much volume at the top of the nasolabial folds by the nose to prevent occluding a blood vessel that may cause complications. Perlane, like other fillers, can be layered quite easily over different days or injection sessions so moving conservatively is always a good option knowing that you can add more if it's not enough.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens      

Grant Stevens, MD

Filler volume to face

+1

Adding perlane to multiple areas of the face is commonly performed.  Many times I have injected 3 or 4 syringes at a time.

Perlane for cheek augmentation

+1

Small areas may encompass a large volume defect and as long as the Perlane is added in small amounts to each area the syringe traverses, some patients would need three syringes per cheek, but not necessarily within a very small area. This is a subjective measurement and you need an evaluation for a doctor to tell you how much filler you would need.

Ronald Shelton, MD