Maximum Length / Limit with Latisse?

I about to reach the 16 weeks mark with Latisse. Even though my lashes are longer than before, I am still not satisfy with the length. If I continue to use Latisse, will my lashes continue to grow longer? Or they will stop after the 16 week mark? Thanks

Latisse past 16 weeks

+1

Latisse shows some benefit around 6-8 weeks, & optimal results start showing up at 16 weeks or so. Not everyone is created equal, so I would keep using nightly for at least another 2 months to see if you might get even longer/thicker growth.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse~does it keep going?

+1

Hi Kristy~  Don't give up!  Not all lashes are created equal.  The studies stopped at 16 weeks but that doesn't mean growth and change (thickening, darkening) can't continue after week 16.  Some patients are initially slower to respond or just take a bit longer.  I have seen patients continue to improve (some almost have lashes grow too long) after 16 weeks. Make sure you're applying it to clean lids so nothing interferes with penetration/absorption of the product and that you stay consistent with application.  Good luck!

Dr. Grant Stevens    

Grant Stevens, MD

Latisse works in growth cycle of the lashes

+1

Excellent question. You may experience ongoing growth after 16 weeks, you should also see that the lashes are fuller and darker.

Peter Schmid, DO
Longmont Facial Plastic Surgeon

Maximum Lash Length after Latisse

+1

Dear Kristy

Every person responded to medicines differently.  Latisse does generally work within the one to four month timeframe. However,  I have observed some marked improvements later with continued use of the eyedrop prior to use as an eyelash growth product.  What is remarkable is that Latisse or its glaucoma equivalent, increases the number of lashes as well as length leading to improved cosmetic appearance!

Sandy Feldman, MD
San Diego Ophthalmologist

Longer Eyelash Length with Latisse

+1

Latisse works by prolonging the time your eyelash hair remains in the growth cycle. Results will vary from person to person but you should expect a "modest" increase in hair length ans well as thicker and darker hair. Because various hairs are in different phases of their growth and resting cycles, you should continue using Latisse several times per week to keep your improvement once you have "maximized" your result. It is possible but less likely that your eyelash hair will continue to grow beyond this point.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

How long will Latisse make my eyelashes ?

+1

Kristy,

Excellent question. Latisse is effective in lengthening the lashes which you naturally have. They will reach a maximum length based on life cycle of the hair follicle and other genetic predetermined factors. At 16 weeks of daily use, you are likely approaching the maximum length that your lashes will experience. 

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Latisse and Eyelash Length

+1

Dear Kristy,

In the original Latisse studies, the lashes were seen to get 106% fuller,  18% darker, and 25% longer on average after 16 weeks of use. So the effects go beyond just length. The 3 factors in general cause the lashes to be more lush and noticeable. Individuals though can be greater or less than the average percentages given here and can take longer than the 16 weeks.

I've personally had some patients had to cut back on the use of the Latisse because their lashes were growing too much. Usually in those cases, they would use it every other day after they achieved the length and fullness they desired.

I suggest continuing with the treatment to see what kind of improvement is possible in your individual case.

Adam J. Scheiner, M.D.

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Ophthalmologist

Latisse for Longer, Fuller Lashes

+1

Latisse works by promoting growth and thickening of your eyelashes.  The company reports improvement at 4 weeks with maximal improvement at 16 weeks but many patients continue to experience the growth and thickening of their eyelashes beyond this time.  As you have already experience great results with Latisse, I would recommend continuing with it beyond 16 weeks to maintain and possibly improve the great results you already have.

Kristin Egan, MD
Manhattan Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon