What's the Maximum Breast Size You'd Recommend for Petite Frame?

Hi. I am 19 years old and 103 pounds and 5ft tall. I want to get Breast Implants. I am currently an A cup could go to a full C, maybe 325cc?

Choosing Breast Implant Size

+2

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Choosing Breast implant size

+2

Bigger is not necessarily better. In choosing a very large implant it is important to be aware that as the volume of the implant goes up so do its dimensions, which includes the implant width. If you choose an implant that is excessively large, the edge of the implant may extend around beyond the breast. This would be undesirable. Also, as the implants become excessively large, the potential for rippling and other long term adverse cosmetic consequences increases. Increased weight of the implant can in some cases lead to excessive stretching and ultimately sagging of the implants/breasts.

Implants come in a wide variety of sizes and it is possible for any woman to comfortably carry a variety of sizes on her chest. The objective during the examination is to determine which implant will give the desired appearance. As you can imagine, any given implant in a very small framed woman will achieve an entirely different result than the same implant in a larger and heavier woman with different shaped breasts. Identical implant, different women with different breasts equals different results. The key, therefore, is to choose an implant that will give you the look that you desire. In order to accomplish this, we use a number of techniques. One of which is to take specific measurements of the size and shape of your breasts. This information, combined with the dimensions of the implants, and your desire for size and shape will help us determine which implant will most closely give you that look.

A very attractive look is a slight bulging on the silhouette of the lateral portion of the breast outside the chest wall and then down to the waist and hips to give that classic "hour glass" figure.

Alexander G. Nein, MD

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Choosing the right breast implant for your body

+1

Unfortunately, without an examination, it is impossible to give you a definitive answer. However, as most surgeons have mentioned, the largest size implant for your body is determined by the combination of your breast width, height AND the amount of breast and skin elasticity (how much the skin can stretch). The implant has to fit within these parameters, otherwise the result will be unnatural.

Within these parameters, there is a range of implant volume which can fit your body. My recommendation, if you have very thin skin, is to consider silicone implant and the smaller of the sizes considered.

I also recommend trying these implants with a bra in front of the mirror. It is more important to find a volume which is proportional to your body, rather than focusing on a cup size.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing for Small Frame

+1

It is difficult to say what implant will work without seeing you and performing measurements. I generally have my patients do what is called the rice test, which you will find on my website under the journal section. After the rice test is performed we sit down and figure out an implant size that works for the dimensions the patient has.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Implant size

+1

I find that one of the best ways to determine the right size implants are as follows:

1. Have the patient try on the implants in a stretch bra with a clingy top to obtain the look they want
  2. Have the patient show the doctor pictures of how they want to look
  3. The surgeon should be able to put that information together to determine a general grouping of implant sizes and styles. He will consider the size of the breast and the chest in his analysis. He should also tell you the positives and negatives of going larger or smaller.
  4. The surgeon will also take other patient specific factors into consideration

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant sizing

+1

I think that you could definitely accomodate a 325cc implant and possibly a larger one. You should try on different sized implants during a fitting session and let your plastic surgeon know that you do not want an implant which measures larger than your breast diameter.

John Whitt, MD

Breast implant size

+1

There is not universal size for breast implants.  It is best to individualize the implant size based on the individual person.  It is based on your tissue quality, tissue thickness and body dimensions.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breast implant size for petite frame

+1

I think you are on the right track. Somewhere in the low 300's would probably be a good choice to get you to a full "C" cup. That is just a ballpark estimate without seeing you in person.

Robert B. Pollack, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Maximum breast size recommended for petite frame

+1

There are options besides a straight implant maybe you are a candidate for the expander implant to obtain the largest size you desire. Look into this concept. Regards and Merry Merry!