How Can I Maximize/improve my Coolsculpt Results?

Immediately following a Coolsculpt treatment and in the days following (during the fat cell apoptosis phase), if more fat can be removed if I: - take a fat-burning supplement? - infrared sauna? - wear compression garment? - massage or use a vibration exercise machine?

Maximizing Your CoolSculpting Results

+2

After CoolSculpting, no supplements or pills are required and you do not have to adopt new diet and exercise habits. Many patients feel more motivated to take care of themselves after the CoolSculpting treatment, too. When you have your CoolSculpting treatment, the affected fat cells will be eliminated. As long as you maintain your weight with your normal diet and exercise, your long-term results should remain stable.

Maintain Healthy Diet and Exercise Regimen after CoolSculpting

+2

The best way to capitalize on the benefits of CoolSculpting is to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen. Unfortunately, there is no proven evidence that any of these other methods you mentioned would help remove any extra fat. CoolSculpting works by freezing the fat cells beyond their viability. It takes a while for them to break down and for the fat to be flushed from the body. Talk to your CoolSculpting provider before taking any supplements because they may not benefit you and could even be harmful based on your treatments.

D. Scott Karempelis, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting recovery

+1
Massage after treatment is proven to be essential.  We recommend light compression!

Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it application process.

The discomfort from treatment does resolve. Taking over the counter tylenol or naproxen resolves this in the majority of cases. If you have swelling that is persistent then a waist binder is helpful.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Eat right and exercise

+1

Coolsculpting is a great way to help with stubborn fat.   Eating well and exercising will only help to maximize your results. Massage in the immediate post treatment phase is important but no studies have shown that massage helps after this. 

Eric Chang, MD

Coolsculpting- the amazing art, magic, and motivation!

+1

This is a great question, that many patients ask. The most helpful way of maximizing your cool sculpting treatment is to have a thorough consultation with careful evaluation of the fat "pouches" so that the appropriate size, number and orientation of the handpick is designed to specifically "sculpt" your body- cool sculpting is not a one fits all process, but instead more of an art form where experience and a good eye for body shaping can optimize results. 

Recent work is also showing that vigorous massage for five minutes immediately after treatment likely increases the amount of fat that disappears.

Many patients optimize their results by maintaining healthy weight and exercise following treatment. One of my most dramatic results was in a patient who trained for a marathon after she was treated, and not only did her post baby tummy bulge disappear, but she looked quite fit so that he new flat tummy had a great body surrounding it. What we are learning is that cool sculpting is a great motivator! By removing those once permanent problem areas, patients feel inspired to achieve the body image goals that once seemed impossible. Use the inspiration to maximize your results!

Andrea Willey, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting

+1

It has not been shown that taking additional supplements and/or vibration machines, etc.. will help remove more fat.  It may not be in your best interest to take these supplements.  Talk to your treated doctor for more precise advice.

Best Wishes!

CoolSculpting freezing of fat for fat loss

+1

The freezing kills adipocytes, or fat cells. The body must then process them by inflammation. I'm not certain as to what reaction these other processes you mention might play in the healing phase after Zeltiq. It could be that these other treatments could interfere with the body's response to Zeltiq and you might not receive an optimal benefit. I'm not aware of any studies that have investigated such adjunctive therapies.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Best Results from CoolSculpting

+1

You have asked a lot of great questions. I  our practice, we offer CoolSculpting Complete. We use two systems simultaneously to see double the results in just one hour. We do also offer a compression garment to all patients to enhance patient comfort. Vibrational therapy increases circulation and lymphatic drainage which could possibly enhance the elimination of the effected fat cells. 

Moderate exercise, eating right and drinking lost of water cana lso help results.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon