What is the Max Accutane Dose?

i'm 130 lbs 23 male with moderate face/back acne. i have done 40, 40,80,80 have been 100% clear since third month, but my doc wants to do 120(mg)for the final month. His reasoning:"your liver is doing fine, 2mg/kg necessary to prevent relapse" how common is this rationale among you doctors?

Accutane Dosing

+1

The guidelines for Accutane dosing to cure nodulocystic acne is 1mg/kg/day with a cumulative dose of 120mg/kg over the entire treatment course.  As each patient is unique, I always recommend being evaluated and treated by a board certified dermatologist

Web reference: http://www.perridermatology.com

Houston Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.