10 yr BA Post Op Deflation with Lift and Implant Replacement? (photo)

425cc submuscular saline implants drained in preparation of anchor lift, pocket revisions and implant replacement with silicone mod plus. I am 36B after draining, was 34DDD before. I am 5'4" and small/med framed. Will 320cc implants be too big? I want more projection, less base width but would like to stay in the Full C/Small D range. Im aware there is no size guarantee I just dont want regrets with ending up too big again.

10 yr BA Post Op Deflation with Lift and Implant Replacement

+2

I think your best bet is to try on implants of about that size. They (320cc) will make up about three quarters of the difference since the deflations. As a rough guide, each 200 cc of implant size corresponds to about one cup size, but it is just a rough guide. I would not expect a two to two and a half cup reduction but losing 105 cc of implant size. Discuss thoroughly with your surgeon.

Thanks, and best wishes. 

Replant using Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

At size 36 B each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you wanted to be a full C or small D the 200 cc implant will achieve that (329 cc will be more than adequate).  However, I would definitely not do an anchor lift.  This is a historic technique (developed in 1956 by Wise) that I have not personally used in approximately 20 years.  It is used by surgeons unfamiliar with the no vertical scar techniques.  You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast, which requires only a circumareola incision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Choosing Implants For Revision BA After 10 Years

+1

Hello.

Thank you for sharing your photos.

At this point with drained implants, you can use the "rice test" to find the size of implants you like to be used. Simply, fill stockings with rice imitating implants and place them under a sports bra you would be wearing. Changing the amount of rice in the stockings will enable you to find the size of implants you are most comfortable with. Once you come up with the right size, measure the rice volume you have used and report it to the surgeon.

Another way is to use sizers at the surgeon's office placed under a sports bra as well.

Finally, once you decide on the size of the implants then discussing the remaining details with the surgeon and communicating your goals to him/her would help plan a successful surgery.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Breast implant and lift

+1

If you are planning to undergo an implant  with a lift, it is a good idea to keep your size expectations conservative.  Going too large will put stress on the incisions, increasing the risk of wound problems and recurrent sagging.  From your photos, I would recommend a vertical lift with a lollipop scar rather than the anchor scar.  I agree with the size estimate of 320 cc's.   It will probably be a mid to large C.   Incidentally, I have also on occasion performed deflation of implants in planning for revision of breast implants.  It allows for easier planning and decision making for the revisionary surgery.

Breat lift and implant replacement after deflation ot larger implants

+1

The key to your answer rests in the physical exam.  Here are some guiding principles.  Your must consider base dimension of your natural breast structure when determining the size and projection of your new implants.  From the pictures it looks like your natural breasts have a fairly wide base.  If this is so, beware of higher profile implants, as there will be a mismatch between implant base and pocket dimensions.  This can be corrected to a degree with internal tailoring of the implant space.  The classical anchor lift has been around for many years and is a good technique, but won't do much to change your intrinsic breast structure.  There are other options that do more to control base dimension.  These include strucutural mastopexy and some of the vertical techniques.

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you meaningful advice without physical examination and a thorough discussion of your concerns and goals. I would not suggest that you rely on any specifics regarding breast implants provided to you by anyone other than the plastic surgeon who has examined you.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C, small D” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

A full C, maybe a D cup

+1

You have to know that you will lose volume, Because in that technique takes away mostly skin, And after closing the incisions the skin will be tight, so you will end with a nice full C, maybe a D with 320 cc, if your surgeon keeps most of the breast tissue you already have.but the extra skin and the capsules,   I also don't see the advantage of draining the implants before a breast lift? 

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Implant revision and lift, what to choose

+1

Draining the saline seems a bit unnecessary unless you are to downsize a considerable amount and the capsule needs closing down. The implant to choose depends entirely on the look that you want. Give your surgeon examples. Trying on and implant can show you a 'look' though ignore the number.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

10 yr BA Post Op Deflation with Lift and Implant Replacement?

+1

Thanks for posting the excellent photos. I like the Ultra High Profile Mentor Silicone or even the "new" Sientra tear drop base textured silicones at the 300 to 320 cc range. 

Implant exchange and lift

+1

Personally I don't see the point of draining the implants.  What if introducing bacteria with the needle had given you an infection?  Either way, at this point, you should be carefully measured by your surgeon for the right base width of your breast as this determines the right width (diameter) of the implant.  Then  show them the "look" you want (natural vs fuller) as this is created by the profile of the implant.  Cup sizes don't count, just the look you want.  Don't follow on line advice re size, only the surgeon who examens you can tell what's best working closely with your desires and your starting point.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com