How much would it cost to have a Rhinoplasty procedure? (photos)

I would like to keep the shape of my nose, but have the bump from my profile reduced and have the end of my nose a bit smaller. How much does this normally cost in Illinois?

Cost always depends on many factors that cannot be determined until consultation.

+2
Dear Valerie226;

First, I would say that you should consider rhinoplasty. It appears that your nose is amenable to being made smaller and more appropriate to your face. You asked the question about “How much does this normally cost in Illinois?” As I indicated, there are many factors involved. The first question is where in Illinois? I assure you, the fees are higher in Chicago than they are in, say, Springfield, and they are probably higher in Springfield than they are in Mattoon or Caro. I am familiar with Illinois because I am an Illinois native and did my training at the University of Illinois in Chicago. Costs are also higher in Beverly Hills than in Chicago, and New York City is more expensive than Buffalo, New York. My point: bigger cities have higher costs of doing business; rent is higher, wages are higher, and that always reflects in surgeon fees. On the other hand, there is also a correlation between the number of super-specialized nasal surgeons in the same city. You can expect to find many more in Chicago than in Springfield, as you would find many more nasal surgery super-specialists in New York City versus Buffalo.The major cities where cosmetic surgeries are performed and, therefore, have the highest degree of specialization, are always our largest cities.

Remember also that the fees of the total cost depend on not only the surgeon’s fee, but the cost of having an anesthesia specialist and renting the outpatient surgery or hospital operating room. There are also minor costs involved with  medications.

When you do your homework, be sure to ask how much is the surgeon’s fee? What is the anesthesiologist’s or nurse anesthetist’s fee? And what is the fee for the surgical facility?You need to know the total, the bottom line.

Take your time and do your homework well, read good books, study websites, and you will be well informed. There is no shame in asking about the fees when you call an office. They should at least be able to give you a “range of fees.” That range would include fees for a relatively simple case versus a more difficult case.The actual determination of those factors is determined only at consultation. The surgeon has to look at exactly what needs to be changed and how difficult some of those changes would be and, therefore, how much time it would take. Remember that fees are also related to operating room duration. The longer the case, the higher the cost, because operating rooms rent their space on an hourly basis as are fees for the anesthesiologist.

Good luck,

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

How much would it cost to have a Rhinoplasty procedure?

+2
Fee ranges from $4,500 to $8,000. Best to seek a few IN PERSON opinions from boarded surgeons....///

Rhinoplasty

+2
You certainly can have improvement to refine the tip and take down the bump.  The fees will vary, In nYC they can run between $6000-$15000.

Cost for Rhinoplasty

+1
In our office the usual cost is $6250 including facility fees, and the anesthesia is $640. This is for the average case, and would be applicable in your case.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Costs of a rhinoplasty procedure

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure can maintain the shape of your nose and  still remove the dorsal bump located on the profile and make the tip of the nose less bulbous.
The cost of a rhinoplasty is driven by anesthesia fee, operating room fee and surgeon's fee for performing the procedure. There are also geographic differences around the country.

Uncomplicated rhinoplasty cost between three and $5000.

+1
From the photographs it looks as though you would have a fairly straightforward rhinoplasty. Expect to pay somewhere between three and $5000.

Rhinoplasty for removal of nasal hump and refinement of tip, and straightening of the nose.

+1
Rhinoplasty for removal of nasal hump and refinement of tip, and straightening of the nose will give u a more attractive nose. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses.

+1
   I think that tip refinement and hump reduction would produce a nice improvement.  I would perform this with a closed approach without visible scars.