Is Matrix RF Appropriate for Loose Facial Skin?

My jawline is becoming loose but not "jowly." A combination of filler plus Matrix RF has been suggested to me. What kind of improvement can I expect from Matrix RF?

Matrix RF May Be Appropriate for Loose Facial Skin

+2

It may be appropriate, but it really depends on the laxity of your skin. When you are ready to undergo any esthetic procedure, it is best to have a consultation with a board certified cosmetic doctor or dermatologist who you trust. They will give you the honest answers for your unique situation (your starting point, your objectives and your budget). It is at this consultation that you will really find out if this is a good procedure for you. Any esthetic tool needs to be in the right hands, to achieve the best possible results.

Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Nonsurgical jowl lift

+2
Laser tightening and fillers would never do enough to produce the same good result as a plastic surgeon could provide with surgery to give a tighter jowl. If the patient is not ready for surgery I would favor Thermage rather than fraxel or any other laser in combination with fillers. However every individual is different and some skin will respond better to laser than thermage. An examination is important to determine what's best for you.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Be carefully about skin tighteners

+2

Other than surgery, there are no guaranteed ways to tighten the skin.  Many patients have tried the various technologies like Thermage etc with very mixed results. These can be expensive and no refunds are given if you aren't happy so be very careful here. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS