Is the Matrix RF laser good for under eye wrinkles and crows feet?

Is the Matrix RF a good laser for eye wrinkles (under eye and crows feet) and nasolabial wrinkles? I have an appointment booked to get this done in targeted areas where I have wrinkles, but now I am feeling nervous. I was quoted around $300 and I would probably need 3 separate appointments. I have olive skin. I am too nervous about using botox and fillers, so I would prefer to find a laser that can combat the above problems. I am 38 years old with moderate wrinkles near eyes and nasolabial.

Matrix RF for under eye wrinkles

+1
This is a very safe and effective treatment. Since you have olive skin, there will always be concerns about pigment changes with light and laser treatments. RF avoids this problem while delivering energy to the deeper layers of your skin. Three sessions is a very realistic expectation to see good results.

Boulder Dermatologist

Laser to Combat Under-Eye Are and Crow's Feet, Nasolabial Folds

+1
Hi, it would very helpful to see the areas you are concerned about. Non-ablative, ablative and sublative lasers can definitely improve the appearance of fine line, wrinkles, texture, and to a lesser degree sagging of the skin. However, if there is volume loss around the eye and if the nasolabial fold is too deep, botox and filler might be a needed addiction to get the result you are looking for.  

As for your skin tone, if you have lighter olive skin, the laser should be completely safe to use. However, since I do not have pictures of your skin I can't say for sure. If in doubt, it is always a good idea to have a spot test in an inconspicuous area, like under the jaw, to ensure your skin reacts in a favorable way. Also, avoid exposure to the sun for at minimum of 2 weeks prior to your treatment, avoid the use of retin-A, and make sure to tell your provider if you are on antibiotics. 

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Matrix RF for under eye wrinkles

+1
  1. For under eye wrinkles we use  the Fractionated CO2 ablative Laser  (Pixel or Dot) at low power. There is very little pain because we apply numbing cream for 15-20 minutes preop. There is minimal downtime, as makeup can be applied immediately.
  2. 2-4 treatments are necessary, depending on the severity of the wrinkles.
  3. It can be used in dark skinned people.
  4. Eugene Mandrea M D

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

RF for crow's feet

+1
I do like the Matrix RF for peri orbital wrinkles especially if they're mild to moderate.  It does require a few treatment sessions.  For moderate to severe wrinkles I would recommend a more powerful single laser resurfacing like Erbium/Co2, but that has more downtime and costs more.  A little Botox in the crow's feet is important to help maintain your results.  If you reform the wrinkles with powerful peri orbital muscles each time you smile your results wont last very long.  The Botox will help relax the muscle.  

Karen Stolman, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon