Matrix RF or IR or Fraxel Repair for Sun Damage and Acne Scars?

I am looking to do the ReFirme to tighten my skin. I was told to also do IPL and the Matrix RF or IR. I am in my mid 30s and have been out in the sun a lot. I have wrinkles and sag from smile lines. I have light to medium acne scars, and was told that ReFirme and Matrix would be best with some IPL or microdermabrasion to even out skin tone. Would Fraxel be better? And for someone like me, should I do 3 or 5 sessions?

ReFirme

+1

Matrix IR and IPL both offer benefit for color and irregularity benefit, but Fraxel can also be beneficial for you.  I would urge you to get a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Board Certified Dermatologist and have your risk evaluation performed and you might benefit more from CO2 fractional resurfacing, eMatrix if you are darker, or combination therapy.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Matrix RF, Refirme, IPL for acne scars

+1

For medium and even some medium-deep acne scars, Matrix RF is the best choice,

I have had some good results in my patients with Pixel (Fractionated CO2 Laser) followed by Matrix RF (2 or 3 treatments each). This combination works in skin types I to IV.

For sagging, you may need some fillers such as Radiesse. To tighten your skin, Refirme works somewhat, as does Thermage. The latter works well in some cases and not well in others.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Best modality for wrinkles, acne scars, and skin tone

+1

Acne scars, wrinkles and sagging require an aggressive approach, but the first question should be, What skin type are you? If you can get dark, (have the capacity to tan), your skin is not safe for ablative techniques so you might be stuck with the technology you mentioned, and you would have to settle for minimal results. If you are fair and want to see pleasing results in the 3 "T's" (tone, texture, and tightening), you should find someone who uses fractional CO2. For example, Dr. Goldman in La Jolla.

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist