Acetone and Alcohol After eMatrix Procedure Normal?

I just had e matrix done and the facility wiped down my face with Acetone and Alcohol and boy the fume almost choked me to death. The alcohol sounds ok but Acetone? I would think that would be toxic and very bad for my skin. Please tell me if that is what the manufacturer recommends or not?

Acetone prior to eMatrix

+2

I know it's disgusting but yes, this is what is recommended by Syneron, the company that makes the machine. There are a few (very few) procedures performed in an office that require the skin to be totally clean and free from oils and waters. This is what the acetone does. As we are putting the Acetone on our patients prior to procedure we ask them to take a deep breath and then we wipe as much as possible, then do it again and again until the face is totally cleansed. It's best NOT to be breathing in while it's being rubbed on your face, because yes, it smells just horrible, but it's 100% necessary for the effectiveness of the eMatrix.

Yes, alcohol to disinfect, acetone to remove oil

+1
That is correct, we need to clean you skin and remove as much bacteria as possible, also acetone to help de-grease your face, remove any make up or residue. This gives a better contact patch, and better results, lessening the mis- fire rates. 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and Cosmetic Dermatologist
Brisbane and Gold Coast

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Skin Prep for EMatrix

+1

It would not be uncommon to prep the skin with acetone or alcohol prior to performing EMatrix.   I would suggest that you discuss with the physician his or her preference.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon