Which Material Makes the Best Implant for Nose Job?

I have decided to go to seoul for my nose job, as i will have the option of using Silicone, Gore-text or Sili-text as the nasal dorsal implant in the nasal bridge and the autologous tissues as the tip of my nose. I am still confused if i should go for the flexibility of the gore-text which may cause an inflammation or the silicone that is not so flexible but safe for period up to 20years? There is not much i could find on sili-text, could someone give me some advice?

Best Implant Material for Nose Job (Rhinoplasty)

+2

I cannot be definitive without a formal physical examination, but as a general rule, it is ideal to use your own body's tissue.  It is most readily accepted by your own immune system, and least likely to cause problems with rejection, extrusion, infection or migration.   I usually prefer to use cartilage from the nose (septum), ear, or rib in that order, depending on the goal- larger augmentation requires more tissue, and there are limited quantities at each area.  After that, irradiated (cadaver) rib is a good choice, but some patients aren't so receptive to that idea.  I have had better, more predictable outcomes with form solid silicone than with Gore-Tex implants for dorsal augmentation.  The surgeon you choose will likely recommend what they have most experience with, and which material has given them a dependable result.  Both types yield good, naturally-appearing results.  The reassuring thought is that if either material gives you a problem, it can be removed.  Under NO circumstance do I ever recommend to any of my patients to receive a permanent injectable filler- this can NEVER be removed.

Paoli Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal implants ?the best?

+2

The best material to use for a nasal implant is your own cartilage either obtained from your nose, ear, or rib.

I do not like artificial implants

+2

The best material to implant in your nose is your own tissue. I have used Gore Tex when I had to but not for the last 15 years.  I much prefer your own cartilage, nasal, ear or rib.  Less risk of infection down the line.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best graft material for the nose

+1

Very plain and simple, the best implants for the nose is your own cartilage.  Artificial implants can be fine but they definitely have an increased risk of problems down the road.

Autogenous always better but silicone maybe OK in some cases

+1

It is really hard to make any suggestions without seeing you for the evaluation consultation. To determine what is the best option for you I really need to take a look both at the outside and inside your nose. The important question is it your first rhinoplasty?  There is no question the reconstruction of your nose with your own harvested cartilage from ear or rib cage would be great.  From time to time depends on patients’ needs we have to work with silicone implant to be able to achieve the final results. I am positive you can find excellent board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience here in the United States.  It is always nice to follow up with your surgeon after the surgery without stress of him being overseas and out of reach. If you decide on implants I would probably stick to silicone , it usually works out OK in Asian populatyion

Web reference: http://drturowski.com/nose-reshaping-rhinoplasty-chicago.html

Rhinoplasty Impants

+1

This question depends on your exact surgical need which would be diagnosed via consultation. I am not sure why you are traveling to Seoul for this procedure when all of these materials are readily available in the US. To answer some of your questions I will state that I find that silicone implants work very well for certain ethnic noses while I may prefer autologous tissues for different necessities. With that said, Gore-text would not ever be my material of choice for the reasons listed above and others. Best regards! 

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

The Best Implant

+1

It depends on many factors, but autologous (from self) implants are usually best for reconstructing "like with like."

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty implants

+1

I have to agree with the panel and recommend that you consider using your own cartilage for rhinoplasty. While surgery overseas can be a tempting option, I believe you are always better off having surgery performed by a well-qualified surgeon in your own country. Rhinoplasty surgery is complex, and you want to find someone that you can follow up with and make sure that the healing process is going well over a long period of time. 

Rather than using a foreign material such as silicone or goretex for rhinoplasty, use of your own cartilage from a rib graft, ear cartilage graft, or septal cartilage graft is generally safer over a long term period.

-Dr. Jamil Asaria, FACE Toronto

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is interesting that you mention traveling to Seoul so that you can have a synthetic implant placed. Most are available here in the US. The ideal implant is composed of your own cartilage as the risk of inection, extrusion and migration are much lower. It is rare that someone does not have enough cartilage for an augmentation rhinoplasty. It is rare than that someone truly needs a synthetic implant. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Material For Nasal Implants

+1

Naturally, the autologous cartilage graft (nose, ear, rib) is often used as it has the lowest risk of infection/rejection; it is simply using the patient's own cartilage harvesting it from one part of the body to implant it in another recipient area.

As for the synthetic grafts, they present delayed rejections in some cases (even years after the procedure).

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com