What Type of Breast Lift Do You Recommend? (photo)

Could you tell me what breast lift you would recommend for best results, my breasts have been like this for over 20 yrs, due to having Children and weight loss/gain, currently around a 32-34 d/d/e cup, I am 42 yrs old now ! Have been told full Anchor and Vertical but not sure if this is the LeJour way or not. Your opinions would be well received. Many Thanks

Breast lift techniques are not all the same...

+2

Hi there-

because the various techniques used to lift and reshape the breasts all alter the shape in predictable ways, and because any patient's satisfaction (or lack of) will depend on her goals and a clear understanding of the possible outcomes, I personally do not believe it would be responsible for me to give you a short, pat answer to your question.

In other words, you ask a relatively complex question, and the answer would depend on us having a long conversation about pros and cons of the options available to you, with review of photos of my own work on patients like yourself.

I am very concerned that nice people like yourself (with the benefit of sites like this one) get things turned around and upside down- allowing themselves to believe that the best way to approach their aesthetic goals is to first research and identify the procedure they believe they want, and then finding a surgeon who will perform that procedure for a fee they find acceptable.

This is a great way to buy a car, but a terrible way to purchase professional services...

If your goals are to be safe and happy with not only your outcome, but your experience, your best bet is to first research and find a SURGEON- find someone you like and feel you can trust. Look at lots of examples of their work (that, in the final analysis, is our work product, right?). Once you've identified a surgeon you think you can trust with your happiness and safety, THEN discuss your goals, your current situation, and the options and recommendations he/she thinks would be available to you.

Your chance of being happy and avoiding complications or distress will be much, much higher.

Best Breast Lift for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think that the information that you have received is correct; the vertical or full (“anchor”) mastopexy will likely be necessary to achieve your goals. Whether breast implants will also be necessary will depend on  your goals in regards to breast size/fullness…

I would suggest that you be MOST concerned about selection of plastic surgeon not  About selection of breast lift type;  ask to see lots of examples of his/her work and allow him/her to do whatever form of mastopexy is necessary to achieve the results are looking for.

The perfect breast lift

+2

The ideal breast lift for you will depend on your surgeon's skill and preference.  Either a vertical mastopexy or full pattern mastopexy could give you excellent results  Also doing a cresent mastopexy with an implant could also give you very nice results.  My personal bias is to lean towards the vertical mastopexy or a cresent with an implant. The real decision must be made between you and the doctor that you trust. 

Best of luck and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Breast lift...what type..anchor/vertical/

+1

You have a significant amount of extra skin.  In order to give you the most youthful result, you should have an anchor pexy and compact your breast tissue in a much smaller envelope of skin.  This would give the best long term result in your case.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

What Type of Breast Lift

+1

Based upon the photos, I lean toward a full anchor pattern lift, which will allow for elevation of the areolas, and removal of excess skin in both vertical and horizontal directions. This is based on your contentment with your size. If implants are a consideration, that will fill out some of the skin excess, and a vertical lift might be the better choice. An actual in person exam is needed for a recommendation which may be acted upon. All the best. 

Breast lift

+1

From the pictures you have provided I would recommend a full mastopexy.  Some people refer to this incision pattern as looking like an anchor or an upside down "T".  This well get rid of the excess skin and give you a tighter perkier breast.  I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Many types of breast lifts

+1

You appear to be a good candidate for a full mastopexy which is the ‘anchor’ incision.  This will allow the surgeon to reduce the size of your areola, remove the excess skin & tighten the surrounding tissue.  You seem to  have plenty of volume, so I would anticipate a nice outcome.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

What Type of #BreastLift Do You Recommend? (photo) ANS:

+1

If you were my patient I would suggest a full anchor lift with an implant. I think you have enough droop where you would benefit most from that and get a more longer lasting result....

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Again you posted very good photos, you all are finally helping us. Based upon inly your posted photos and no in person examination I would choose FULL MASTOPEXY LIFT, anchor type. 

Type of breast lift recommended.

+1

Thank you for the photos.  I believe you will benefit from a breast lift.  The type of lift will depend on how much lifting you need and what your skin is like as well.  Often this decision may be made in the OR.  If you want more upper pole fullness, you may want to have an implant placed as well.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Discuss your wants.  Together you will come up with a plan for you.

Jeffrey Roth, MD