Uneven Breasts After Lift / Implants - Will a Good Push-up Bra Fix This?

I had a mastopexy with implants. My implants have settled differently and my breasts look uneven. At my 4 week po visit,my PS suggested that I purchase a "good" push up bra and place a insert under the left breast so that it pushes the breast into the desired position. He suggested that I wear the bra 24/7 for the next six weeks. He claims scar tissues will form around the implants resulting in a more even desired look. I've spent $13,000 on this procedure and I'm concerned that I need to rely on a bra to fix this issue. Is this worth my time and effort? Is his theory correct?

There is no harm to this approach but a second surgery is likely to be needed.

+2

Of course, there is no harm in attempting to correct your asymmetry by following the course suggested by your surgeon. My personal experience with such issues is that ultimately a revisional surgery will be necessary. If your problem does not improve with the use of continual support as recommended after 3 months a second surgery will be your only recourse.

At 4 weeks a higher breast should drop after breast lift and augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. It is likely that the right breast implant will drop to match the left over the next 6-12 weeks. There is certainly no harm in wearing a pushup bra on the left as your surgeon recommends.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Follow all post operative instructions.

+1

I advise patients to wait for final reaults 6 months and sometimes up to a year.  You should follow all of the post operative instructions. 

Breast and bras

+1

Just from the one photo, the breasts look prettty similar.  Some surgeons like patients to wear specific types of bras for different reasons. This is something that you and your doctor have discussed.  I would defer to his judgement.

Bras used as a treatment

+1

Pictures would be helpful.  In some instances  a few surgeons will recommend a bra with an underwire to help the implants stay up in the right position early in the healing period.  It certainly can't hurt. Again pictures would be helpful!

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Uneven implants after breast lift and augmentation

+1

The position of the implants and appearance of the breasts may change during the first few weeks after breast lift (mastopexy) with augmentation. Sometimes the use of support garments such as bras or bandeaus, depending on the surgeon's preference, may assist with obtaining the final result.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Please send pictures

+1

To give you a better answer,we need pictures. In general the bra will not prevent the sagging or correct the asymmetry. On the other hand it is early to think about revision and wearing the supportive bra will not hurt the result.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon