Would Mastopexy Without Implants Help the Appearance of my Pseudoptotic Breasts?

I'm 41 and have lost 100 pounds in last 3 years w/WLS. Breasts appear to sag, but nipples are above inframammary fold. Want to lift breasts to look more perky and fix inverted nipples at same time. Do not want implants. Will mastopexy help me without implants? I don’t care about breast size…just want them back where they belong! Will do small-arm brachioplasty at the same time...could that procedure also help the appearance of my breasts by pulling up tissue vertically? Thank you for your time!

Beautiful breasts without implants

+2

Dear Felicia,

Thank you for submitting your photos. Because of these I can say that you are a perfect candidate for the Ultimate Breast Lift procedure. It's a new technique that allows for the existing breast tissue to be shaped into a cone and take the excess skin and make an internal bra to lift and attach your new breast mound permanently to your chest muscles. This weight transfer to your muscles minimizes the downward migration of your breast mound, unlike traditional lifts which only rely on your skin envelope for support. This technique eliminates the need for a vertical scar, regardless of how saggy you are. The results are very natural and there are no visible scars. There is one that has almost the exact dimensions as you.

Best wishes, Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy without implants

+1

I think mastopexy without implants is a good procedure for you as long as you like the size you are in a bra. It is possible to make shape and cleavage with your own tissue many times you can create an augmented look. The advantage of your own tissue is that it's your own tissue. Once he recovered from surgery that's it it's your own tissue and it'll last a lifetime. Implants are machines and most people they will not last a lifetime so another surgery will probably be necessary.

An arm lift would probably not help to lift the breasts in order to do this the skin would have to be so tight it would be difficult to raise your arm. It would be a mistake to try this.

I think a short scar mastopexy with no horizontal scar would be a best option to create projection cleavage and to tighten the skin lateral to the breast and under the axilla. One of the problems with horizontal scar is it tends to increase the amount of skin lateral to the breast.

You can look at my website or profile on real self and see examples of cleavage being created without an implant.

Wendell Perry, MD

Pseudoptosis???

+1

Felicia...Congrats on your weight loss!  Your issue is not 'pseudoptosis'.  Both your gland and nipple are sitting low on your breast.  You have retained much more breast volume that the typical weight-loss patient.  I think you can get a nice shape with just a breast lift if it is done well.  I do think that adding a small implant will help to give you fullness in the upper pole of the breast in a way that will be lasting...I don't believe you will have this to the same extent without an implant...your choice- you should end up looking great either way.  Good Luck!  Scott Newman, MD FACS

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

Breast Lift is a excellent option for sagging breasts

+1

Breast Lift (Mastopexy) will restore youthfull look after weight loss or pregnancies.  Implants are only needed to increase size of breast and are not always needed with a lift.

Inverted nipple may be corrected at same time as a lift or may need to be done at a second stage based upon each patient's unique situation.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Mastopexy & Inverted Nipple Correction...

+1

Since you indicated that you have no interest in increasing your breast size, a mastopexy without implants may provide exactly the outcome what you want. As long as you're realistic in your expectations, this procedure should give you a dramatic and, hopefully, gratifying result.

Any experienced plastic surgeon should also be able to perform a simultaneous and safe correction of your inverted nipples.

I do agree with unanimous opinion, that a small-arm brachioplasty will not add to the ability of a mastopexy to rejuvenate your breasts.

I would encourage you to proceed with those surgical plans!

Charles Gruenwald, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy after weight loss

+1

You can do a mastopexy without an implant.  This will not improve upper pole fullness.  The arm lift will not affect the breast unless the incision is extended into the axilla.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

+1

Mastopexies or breast lifts are almost never a home run, unless breast implants are placed at the same time.

Patients are more forgiving of the scars when they end up with fullness of the upper breast. Breast lift alone will not produce appreciable upper pole fullness - you need an implant to do this.

Your breasts are completely lacking in volume in the upper poles, and would still be after mastopexy alone.

I know that breast augmentation/mastopexy is considered a challenging procedure. Please see my previous answer on this topic.

Brachioplasty will have no noticeable effect on your breasts.

Good luck!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift after weight loss

+1

After significant weight loss the skin envelop of the breast can remain loose and lax, even with a normal nipple position. Breast lift can be designed to take in and tailor the skin excess and firm the breast without an implant. Upper fullness can still be lacking, but the shape will be much improved. The arm lift will have no impact.

peterejohnsonmd

Mastopexy after weight loss

+1

You look like you could get a nice result after a mastopexy and as long as you aren't trying to get upper pole fullness or trying to be larger, you can do it without an implant.  Arm lifting would have no bearing on the breasts.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Mastopexy after weight loss

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss!

Based on your history and your clear description of your goals, I think mastopexy alone (without implants) is indicated. Nipple inversion surgery may also be done (assuming you are aware of the risks of this procedure). in general I do not think the arm lifting surgery will necessarily improve the appearance of the  breasts.