Can This Mastopexy Be Corrected? (photo)

I had this mastopexy 2 years ago, very unhappy because my breast is not perky and my saline implants are on the bottom of the breast, also I developed skin pigmentation that my doctor said that is produced by the swollen of the skin around the scar. This pigmentation has been treated with Epiquin micro and locoid by the dermatologist with no positive results . So my questions is can this flatness on top of my breast be corrected??? if so, does the skin pigmentation will vanish some day?

Revision Mastopexy To Correct Bottom Out and Residual Areola In Incsion

+3

Your Breast Implants have "Bottomed Out" after your Mastopexy Augment. This can be corrected with revision surgery which will require opening at least the vertical component of your Mastopexy scar.

I am concerned that the "pigmentation" that you refer to is in fact Areola tissue left behind during surgery- which happens when the Areolae are unusually large.

During your revision most of this can be removed. Treating Areola tissue as pigment with creams and lasers will not work

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-lift-dermal-mastopexy/

Revision Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy Possible?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, the results of your breast augmentation/mastopexy surgery can be improved upon. This will likely require maneuvers to improve the position of the breast implants (more fullness on top) as well as tailoring of the skin envelope  at the bottom of the breasts.  Scar revision surgery may be helpful;  unfortunately, no one can predict/guarantee that pigment changes of the incision lines will not recur.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients at in your situation.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Can This Mastopexy Be Corrected?

+2

The photos show a "bottoming out of the mastopexy due to the weight of the implant and your genetic skin laxity, and the technique in of itself. Options are repeat the inverted T incision with a wider inferior limb of the triangle, remove the implant, use an acellular dermal mattrice support. Best to obtain in person evaluations. 

Correction of breasts still droopy after mastopexy

+2

Your breasts have experienced bottoming out after an augmentation mastopexy.  This can be corrected with better skin tailoring but, depending on your skin elsticity, may require internal support.

I like absorbable, biologic membranes, such as veritas, to create a support lining for the implant and the breast.  This technique is very successful. 

Need internal and external lift

+2

Your problem is more difficult than just taking out more skin.  Skin is a weak tissue and it will not hold up your implants for very long if this is all that's done.  Your implants need to be removed and the scar tissue capsule your body has created around the implants need to be sewn together along the bottom and sides to make lift the internal pocket for the implants.  The upper part of the scar tissue capsule then needs to be opened up to allow the implant to move up.  This, and this alone, will be able to support the implant once it's replaced.  The final step is getting rid of the extra skin you have in order to reestablish a proper shape to your breasts.  

If you are going to go with another surgeon, please be sure he or she is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  See if the surgeon has photos of patients that he's redone that look somewhat like you.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.Natural-LookingResults.com

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Yes with a redo mastopexy

+2

The answer is yes by redoing the mastopexy removing the access skin mostly in the lower breast using a smaller high profile implant to give more fullness on the top and cutting out the remaining areolar tissue on the right breast and the vascular scars on both breasts.

Good luck

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breastaugmentation.php

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast surgery to create perky breasts usually means going smaller

+1

Based on the pictures an improvement is possible.  In order to be perky the best thing to do may be to consider using smaller implants.  Your breast tissue has proved it can't hold up the current weight (assuming you have a nice result immediately after surgery) and therefore in order to be perky a smaller implant will likely be needed.  A repeat breast lift will be needed to remove the extra breast tissue on the lower pole and this will also allow removal of the stubborn scar, which I agree with the other doctor, is likely persistent areola tissue.  Best of luck and give consideration to going smaller if your really want to be perky.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out post mastopexy

+1

This is easily correctible and is not that uncommon.what has happened is that your breasts have bottomed out and the distance from the 6 oclock postion of the areal has lengthened and needs to shortened.This is a staright forward outpatient proicedure.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Can you correct this breast lift? (photo)

+1

Depending on skin redundancy on lower portion of breast and nipple position, expect that re-excision of vertically oriented skin ellipse (de-epithelialization only) NOT including areola, but just below the areola, with multi-layer durable coaptation of medial and lateral portions of de-epithelialized dermis, and possibly superior capsulotomy allowing superior re-positioning of implant would be my approach to breast shape and scar problems.  Post surgical care should include prolonged taping and strongly supportive bra to prevent recurrence.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Mastopexy redo

+1

It sounds like you need a redo mastopexy as the tissue has bottomed out a bit.  It is hard to see from the photos( the angle is bad), if the nipple is in good position.