Is Mastopexy or Augmentation the Best Solution? (photo)

I’m a 28 year old and I have always hated my breasts. As you can see they are asymmetrical and quite saggy. I am trying to narrow down my options for a procedure that will provide me with a lift as well as provide me with evenness. If possible I would like to avoid implants, but I do understand that it’s something that I may have to do to get the look that I desire. I think that Mastopexy may be my best option. Would you suggest this procedure? Or are there better options for me?

Mastopexy or Augmentation

+3

A mastopexy, or breast lift, should give you a nice improvement in breast appearance and symmetry.

If you feel the size is inadequate, addition of breast implants would be appropriate, but there certainly seems to be enough breast tissue to work with.

If there is a size difference, that could be addressed by removing some from the larger breast, fat grafting the smaller breast, or using different sized implants.

You seem ready for an in person consultation. RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org) also has listings for your area, and a listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.
Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Breast lift can correct asymmetry also.

+2

Hi.

In your case the asymmetry is more of shape than of size.  The lift is done a little differently on each side (vertical Lejour lift with lollipop scar is best), and a little tissue can be removed from larger breast. You do not need implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Mastopexy is a good option for you!

+2
Thank you for the question and the photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift (Mastopexy). Implants are not necessary if you do not want become bigger. A technique I prefer to use lifts your own breast tissue higher up on your chest in addition to tightening the skin. This results in fullness in the upper poles of your breasts without losing a lot of volume. It can also help you achieve symmetry. Best of luck

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Mastopexy...breast lift ...augmentation

+1

Hi,

You need a bilateral asymmetric breast lift with or without implants.

If you want to maintain the fullness above the nipples in their new position, (past several months), then you will need a breast implant to provide it.

With a breast lift (absolutely necessary) alone, you will be happy while the fullness above the nipples stays.  However, it will slope as time goes by above the nipples and this is something that some patients do not like.

Breast lift for sure...asymmetric to make the breasts equal..and augment for the reasons stated as per your choice.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy or Augmentation

+1

Just from what I can see in your photos (bearing in mind please, that I would really need to examine you to make a definitive determination), I would say that you are a good candidate for mastopexy. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy improves symmetry AND shape

+1

Hi there-

You do not need implants unless you want your breasts to be significantly larger.

I believe an excellent improvement in shape and symmetry could be achieved through a well-done breast lift. The key is going to be choosing your surgeon carefully and for the right reasons. Do your homework and look at lots of photos.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Lift, Aug or Both

+1

A Mastopexy is a great procedure to give you even lifted breasts. If you want to increase the size of your breast and achieve upper pole fullness, you would be a candidate for a bilateral mastopexy and breast augmentation with implants.  So ultimately you need to decide whether you want to just change the evenness and shape or also size.

M. Mark Mofid, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Best Type of Breast Surgery for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.
Although  in person consultation  and a full communication of your goals would be necessary  to give you accurate/specific advice, I think you will do well with breast lifting surgery. Again, whether or not you choose to have breast implants placed will depend on your specific goals,  in regards to size, volume, superior pole fullness…

For  some patients contemplating breast lifting surgery, the presence of scars may be a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape,  symmetry and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

Lift vs augmentation

+1

I would definitely suggest a lift from your photos, but seek a board certified plastic surgeon to give you all the options available to you.  An augmentation can improve the volume and shape of the breasts, but will not lift them adequately.  The asymmetry can be accommodated for during the lift.   An augmentation can always be done at a later date to increase the volume of the breasts.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Breast lift alone should be all that you would need

+1

Thank you for the photos.  If do not want your breast size any bigger than they are currently then a breast lift alone would be all that you would need to reshape both breasts, improve their position, and correct the size and position of the areola asymmetry.  Personally, I think you have the beginning of a very good result.  I have included a before and after photo link from one of my patients that underwent a breast lift alone.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD