Mastopexy and Renewal of Implants. Can I Go FF Back to D?

I had implants over 10 years ago so now have booked in to have a mastopexy and new implants. At first I was a 34D but following my sons birth now a 36FF, can I return to a D cup following this procedure?

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Mastopexy and breast reduction

+1

The answer to you question is yes. You can go smaller, but the there no exact correlation between the size of the implants and bra size. Each bra can measure differently depending on the manufacturer and bra shape. 
You have to communicate your objective to your plastic surgeon before surgery. See before and after photos of patients who went smaller. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD