Mastopexy and Augmentation Before Kids?

I lost allot of weight a few years ago the result no breasts, very saggy loose skin. Im 32 went in for few consults to see if im a candidate and indeed i was. All 4 doctors recommended implants too since one has more tissue than the other and droops less, but The question is i want kids in near future if able since I have pcos. some have told me to wait as i would likely need another lift after kids and others disagreed? Im very self conscious. Please advise. Thanks

Breast lift with implants before kids

+3

If you are self conscious about the way you look now, I would not wait on having the breast lift with implants.  You may have to have a second lift after your children but that can easily be done and you shouldn't have to live self conscious waiting to be done with children.  Good luck.

Breast Lift and Augmentation Before or After Pregnancy

+1

If you are planning to become pregnant in the near future, then you should delay the surgery.  If the breasts are a source of concern for you and you are not going to become pregnant in the near future then proceed with surgery.   Just realize that a breast lift revision may be necessary after pregnancy.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast lift Los Angeles, CA

Lift

+1

You have to weigh the benefits of a larger breast with a lift vs. permanent scars. If this works for you then you should go ahead with the surgery

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Lift before or after Kids?

+1

Having a breast lift before kids or waiting until after is really a personal decision that you need to make.  From your comments, it appears that you are very self-conscious about the appearance of your breasts and so I would lean towards getting surgery sooner than later and seeing what effects pregnancy has on your breasts.  

Again, there really is no right or wrong answer.  The best position is an informed position from which you can make the right decision.  

I hope that helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Lift before implants

+1

Hi Cupcake225,

Many women undergo mastopexy before having children.  Your breasts will go through their normal  changes that occur during pregnancy and breast feeding regardless whether you had surgery or not.  Keep in mind that you may want to undergo some kind of revision after childbearing in the event the changes were significant.

Regarding your asymmetry, it is difficult to comment without seeing you, however, I question the recommendation of placing an implant in the smaller side and no implant on the larger side.  Implants give a particular look to the breast with upper pole fullness and fuller cleavage.  This cannot be achieved with a lift alone.  My sense is that you would fair better if implants were used on both sides, placing a larger implant in the smaller breast and lifting/reducing the larger breast.

Good Luck,

Ary Krau MD

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Decisions about Breast lift or breast implants before or after having kids

+1

It is strictly your decision.  Seems like you know pros and cons.  Just make a decision based upon your own desire.

No body can make this decision for you.

Take control and after you decide either way, do not look back 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast surgery

+1

The situation with any breast lift is the possibility of recurrence of the sagging as a result of pregnancy or just time. Having breast surgery always has the possibility of requiring further surgery, but that should not discourage you from having the surgery you want. It sounds like you are good candidate.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Implants won't lift

+1

Without seeing pictures it is hard to tell. The implant will provide the volume you desire, but the lift would be necessary to reposition the nipple areolar complex. When combining the lift and implant it is best to be conservative in the volume of the implant. The larger the implant, the more potential for stretch of the breast and pocket. This could lead to malpostion and asymmetry.Just because you have surgery prior to having children doesn't mean that you will be obligated to futher procedures. If you know you are going to be pregnant soon then I think I would recommend waiting. If it is uncertain then I think you could proceed. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Mastopexy and Augmentation Before Kids?

+1

There are many patients who get an augmentation with or without mastopexy and then later get pregnant.  It is impossible to predict what kind of reaction your breasts will have to pregnancy and post delivery changes.  You should see a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and make a realistic decision about have the procedure and possible effects that may or may not need revision after child birth.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift - when to do it?

+1

Will your breasts change with kids---absolutely. It is difficult to predict how they will change for sure. But, it is up to you to decide if you want to have a lift/augmentation now or later.