Master Cleanse and Septo/Rhinoplasty?

I know it's not a good idea to go on my Master Cleanse before my septo/rhino I'm having on the 26th of April. So I'm wondering how long after my surgery can I start my cleanse?

Nutritional Cleansing Prior to SeptoRhinoplasty Surgery

+1

I believe very much in both cleansing and nutritional fine tuning as an ongoing maintenance of your body's systems, and definitely to maximize your healing around the time of surgery.

The nutritional and cleansing program that I believe in, and use myself, is an Isagenix program. It can be customized as a gentle 30-day cleanse plan vs. a brief few-day deep cleanse. I believe that beginning on this type of program at least 2 weeks before surgery maximizes your nutritional balance and protein load for most effective and efficient healing after your surgery. My patients are loving it even more than I expected they would.

You should consider carrying on w/ this program for at least 4-6 months following your procedure, when the majority of healing takes place. Having said that, if you are able to carry on for the 12-18 months required for your full and final healing to take place, that would be even better.

On an ongoing basis, the Isagenix program is also wonderful for preventing the metabolic changes associated with aging and weight gain. They also have products that support a wonderfully successful and popular program with elite athletes who are focused on exercise recovery and peak physical performance.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Master cleanse

+1

Master cleanse, huh?  I also had never heard of it and looked it up.  I am always leery of things that claim to "detox".  What does that mean anyway?  Overall, the risk with your upcoming surgery is low, but what I worry about are these things. First, I worry about it creating dehydration and also electrolyte imbalance, both of which can be problems.  You should be on a regular diet for the week leading up to your surgery, and for a week after.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Diet after rhinoplasty

+1

Honestly, I have never heard of Master Cleanse.  So, I looked it up.  If this is a diet intended to cleanse the system and lose fat made up mostly of lemon juice, maple syrup and pepper, then don't do it for at least 6 weeks after surgery.  The diet seems to be high in carbohydrates, low in calories over all, low in normal vitamins and minerals and (most importantly) low in protein.  Your diet as you recover should be a normal, healthy and balanced.  It is especially important that your protein intake should be good as normal healing depends on adequate protein levels.  

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon