If you have had a mastectomy can your natural breast and tissue exspander breast go a bigger size?

i have had a mastectomy on one breast i have a tissue exspander and my dr is wanting to make mt natural breast reduced saying with tissue exspander will not be as big , he wants to reduce the natural breast that is a b cup i wanted to go a c cup , can i do something to make skin strtch more

Larger Breasts Likely Possible

+1

That's an excellent question. Many women who have undergone a single or double mastectomy would like to have larger breasts after reconstruction than they had before. If you have not been radiated, you should be able to undergo additional tissue expansion to stretch the skin. I recommend that you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon, and don't hesitate to get a second opinion. All the best.

If you have had a mastectomy can your reconstructed breast be larger than your original breast size?

+1

It is possible to reconstruct a breast that is larger than your original size.However, this depends on the quality of your skin and muscle.Having an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon is important because he or she can determine if it is safe to go larger than your original size.In general, as the implant gets larger, it is heavier, so you will have to decide if you want that extra weight on your chest for the rest of your life.A larger implant can also predispose you to needing additional surgeries if it moves around or stretches your skin too much.There are many factors into deciding what size to pick, so I suggest that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

James C. Grotting, MD, FACS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

What to do after a mastectomy?

+1

Yes, absolutely , you can expand the skin based on tissue expander size..you should be able to achieve a C cup final size if there was no radiation..good luck and discuss your desires with your PS!!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon