Had a mastectomy with immediate Implant & Strattice. Can I go bigger in time? (photos)

2 wks ago I had mastectomy immediate implant & strattice. Im feeling v tight as he put in largest implant he could. I have got to have radiotherapy & warned of capsular contractor, he said a yr after radio is finished he can fix if it happens (not sure how) & also do nipple reconstruction but I wondered if at that time I could go even larger or would I be stuck at same size now? Im having other side lifted with implant in in about 6mths so go larger if I can go bigger or match mastectomy side

Breast Reconstruction - Implant sizing

+1
Thank you for your question. The radiation will make your breast smaller and typically get a capsular contracture. You will likely need something in addition such as fat grating or a flap. We are limited with implant sizes up to 800, but custom implants can be ordered. 

Regards,

Breast reconstruction

+1
That is relative to the size of implant placed.Largest device is 900 and if that is what you have in place then at this point that is the largest available.

Three basic forms of breast reconstruction exist. You can use your own tissue, implants or a combination of the previous two techniques. Your own tissue can be used in the form of the DIEP flap, PAP flap, SGAP flap or fat grafting. Implants can be done in one stage or two stage. Two stage reconstructions are started by placing expanders at the time of mastectomy. Once they expanders are placed they are able to be inflated as determined by wound healing. The final time consists of combining any of the above techniques.
If you are interested in being seen in Austin please give us a call. I know this is a difficult time for you. The majority of my practice is devoted to reconstruction for women with breast cancer or who are BRCA+

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS