Ive Got a Massive Round Bulbous Tip? (photo)

Hi, im a 20 year old male and im literally looking for the best bulbous nasal tip surgery i can get! ive got a nice straight bridge but the tip is just so round and wide and it literally just takes all the attention off my face and onto my huge nose and it really does effect my confidence, exspecially over the past few years. I really want to get it done as soon as i can. Im looking for a natural nose, not like plastic or shiny. be really appreciated for some feedback. Thanks alot

Tip rhinoplasty with cartilage grafting is required for bulbous round nasal tip

+3

Thank you for your photograph and question.The correction of the bulbous nasal tip usually requires an open tip rhinoplasty. Cartilage is harvested from the nasal septum and used to provide a strut graft to lengthen and elevate the tip and an onlay cartilage graft to refine and create a narrow tip appearance.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous nasal tip

+1

The bulbousness of the nose can be caused by either thick skin or by thick and wide cartilages.  The rhinoplasty can only address the cartilage refinement.  To reduce the bulbousness of the tip a conservative amount of tip cartilage is removed and occasionally tip cartilages are also sewn together with sutures.  It is important to make sure that this tip balances with the remainder of the nose.  The surgery is all done as an outpatient procedure, under general anesthesia.  During the post operative recovery anticipate cortisone shots for the first few months. A board certified surgeon with rhinoplasty surgery experience should do this type of surgery.

Bulbous Round Nasal Tip Surgery

+1

Your nasal tip is somewhat wide, but is not what I would say is 'massive' in terms of bulbosity. Consult with an expert rhinoplasty surgery and you should be able to have a nice natural looking improvement. I have provided a link below that discusses management of the bulbous nose. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

The two most common requests in rhinoplasty are reducing humps and tips

+1

A wide fleshy nasal tip can be improved and made more shapely. Actually, thick skin such as yours often hides the underlying cartilage so the results rarely look "fixed." You should seek a rhinoplasty expert for an opinion. Very often the improvement in self confidence outstrips the cosmetic changes.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Can Rhinoplasty Fix a Bulbous Tip?

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery most often addresses multiple areas of the nose. Certainly one can address just the tip but usually tip changes affect other things as well. The best thing you can do is to find a surgeon who you trust. You want someone who has a passion for this kind of surgery. Once you find the right surgeon they will talk to you more about how the procedure is done and what kind of results you can expect. Make sure your surgeon is board certified.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Bulbous Tip

+1

Hi,

Your bulbous tip is as a result of fatty tissue, thick skin and little cartilage.The trick is to remove the fatty tissue , thin the skin and at cartilage grafts to the tip. This very common with ethnic rhinoplasty. See link below for many examples.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Defining a Bulbous Tip

+1

There are various techniques to achieve better definition of your nasal tip.  The bulbous tip is the result of the underlying anatomical structures and a thorough understanding of the anatomy is critical to achieving the results you seek.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can properly evaluate you and assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Tip Refinement in the Bulbous Nose with Rhinoplasty

+1

There are two ways to perform a rhinoplasty, open (with an external incision) and closed (with only internal incisions).  Either should provide you a natural result with refinement of the tip.  Good luck.

Nasal Tip Surgery

+1

Without examining you first hand I cannot evaluate all your tip issues.  However, in many males with thick skin and a bulbous tip what is needed is cartilage grafting (usually with septal cartilage) to provide more defined architecture.  With a more solid undercarriage the overall appearance can look more defined.  Grafts like on lay tip grafts or so called shield grafts are common.  Check out the link below for more information too.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip refinement

+1

A bulbous tip is a common reason why patients seek rhinoplasty.  There are various ways that this can be corrected.  Reshaping the underlying cartilage, removal of fibrofatty material in the tip of the nose and thinning the overlying skin can all make a big difference in the tip of the nose.  I would seek an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and discuss your goals during a consultation.  You will be able to determine after a consultation if surgery is the right thing for you.  Best of luck and thank you for your question.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon