Masseter Botox Candidate? (photo)

Hello, I am 23 and am in the performance business. I am of a healthy average weight but always seem to have chubby cheeks no matter how much weight I lose. I want to give the appearance of leaner face with sharper features that will translate better on stage and screen. I am looking into rhinoplasty but it is currently out of my budget. Am I a good candidate for masseter botox and fillers for chin augmentation. What non-invasive procedures do you recommend?

Jawline Enhancement with Botox and Fillers

+2

Thank you for the great question and your photos. Botox can be used to decrease the volume of the masseter muscles in people with thick muscle or a square lower face. This treatment generally requires significant doses of Botox, since the muscle is large and strong.  Additional enhancement can be performed by adding soft tissue fillers along the jawline or in the chin area. In my practice, I do this with Radiesse, which is a thicker and longer-lasting product.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jawlines can be sculpted by slimming with Botox as well as increasing contour with fillers

+2

Botox can make your jawline appear slimmer. This is by reducing the bulk of the muscle in the cheek called the Masseter. There are other muscles that help chewing so there is very little effect on chewing and eating. This procedure first became popular in Korea, where a slender jawline is a hallmark of beauty.

For people with small chins, of course a chin implant is best but chins can also be augmented and shaped with injectable fillers. Jaws that are too narrow can also be enhanced with fillers.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Botox for masseter reduction and nonsurgical chin augmentation

+1

Based on your photos a combination of masseter reduction with Botox and chin augmentation with a filler (such as Radiesse) will be able to create a more tapered and feminine jawline for you.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD