Masseter Asymmetry

Hi, I'm 21 and my jawline has a noticeable asymmetry due to one masseter muscle being significantly larger than the other. Is there any simple way to enlarge the smaller one? Like through a localized steroid injection or something?

Uneven, asymmetric jaw muscles (masseter) causing facial imbalance

+1

A steroid injection is more likely to SHRINK or atrophy the smaller muscle accomplishing the opposite of your goal. Your options are filler on the smaller side or botulinum toxin on the larger side. Make sure you do not have another reason for the masseter imbalance; you may want to check with your dentist

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.