Does Massaging Your Tummy Tuck Incision Through Your Binder Help It Heal by Blood Flow?

My doctor told me to start massaging with vitamin e oil after 4 weeks to help with the scarring. My surgery was 2 weeks ago, would it help at all to massage the incision through my clothes and binder? Wasn't sure if it would help with blood flow or not.

Massage and tummy tucks

+1

I have not seen any studies in the literature to suggest that massage facilitates the healing of the abdominoplasty wounds.

The effects of massage on tummy tuck scar

+1

The exact mechanisms by which massage works on scars is not clear. Collagen fibrils may re-align as the scar matures and is remodeled. Pressure and massage may expedite this process and are commonly used for scars elsewhere on the body and the extremities. Other types of scar massage such s manual lymphatic drainage may diminish tissue hypoxia and improve wound healing.