Can Massaging Tip of Nose Have a Negative Effect After Rhinoplasty?

I started massaging the tip of my nose since the 6 week period following the surgery, which I am starting to regret Would that have any negitive effects on the tip? What are the possible outcomes of massaging it too early? I believe that more scar tissue formed since I started massaging it. Will the scar tissue go away over time? If not, is it possible to remove most if not all of it?

Tip Massageafter Rhinoplasty

+1

I personally never recommend tip massage after rhinoplasty. Only time will tell whether or not any harm has been done. You and your surgeon will evaluate your appearance after 6-9 months.

Massage six weeks after rhinoplasty should not do any damage.

+1

Hi.

We certainly do not recommend massage after rhinoplasty.  It does not help.  But don't blame yourself.  If you started six weeks after surgery, you did not cause excess scar tissue.  You will see the final result about six months after the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Massage after rhinoplasty.

+1

Do not do any massage of your nose after rhinoplasty. It won't help and can cause problems if you do this.

Do not mess with the tip of your nose after rhinoplasty!

+1

For many months after rhinoplasty, your nasal tip is healing and settling.  There may be grafts in place that may be disloged by manipulation.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS