Massaging Smart Lipo Lumps and Bumps

I had Smart Lipo done on my thighs a couple of weeks ago. I see that some of the doctors have mentioned that massage helps with the lumps and bumps. What type of massage? Can you describe how I should do it for massaging to be effective?

Massage is a must!

+6

If you want to do-it-yourself - I suggest small circular motions moving toward your groin area if the lumps are below the belly button, and up toward the armpits for swelling above the belly button.

Expert lymphatic massage is another more expensive choice and finally Ultrasound in the doctors office is another excellent choice.

Massage can help manage firm lumps and bumps following liposuction

+2

Therapeutic or "lymphatic massage" may be helpful following  a  Liposuction (Smart Lipo, Vaser, Tickle lipo, or conventional lipo) to minimize swelling. Make sure your surgeon feels that you have healed sufficiently  and it is safe before doing this.  Endermologie is also very helpful after liposculpture/liposuction but again, not critical.  Although deep tissue massage following liposuction can aid in smoothing out  contour irregularities that invariably accompany this procedure it has limited effect on the final outcome and  is NOT mandatory. Some plastic surgeons recommend it to all  patients as they feel the edema resolves faster.  Ask your surgeon to show you or a significant other how to do this if cost is an issue. Typically they will have you massage toward areas of maximum lymphatic drainage ( for example groin or armpits) A low sodium diet may also be helpful early on.

Deep massage

+2

Deep tissue massage or lymphatic massage by a trained expert can help with lumps and bumps if they appear to be a problem.