Massaging Hyaluronic Acid Filler - Is It Worth It?

Why Do Some Say Massaging a HA Filler Does Nothing?

You may massage the area injected with a hyaluronic acid filler if you see a nodule or bump.

+2

In my view, there is no need to massage an area injected with hyaluronic acid unless you see or feel a nodule. The filler is somewhat malleable for a few weeks after you're injected. So if you're inadvertently overcorrected and see a nodule, massage may help to smooth the area.

Regards from NJ:

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Massaging filler

+2

I massage fillers after plaecment in specific areas to smooth it out.   Still it may not be completely flat and may be maskedby some swelling after injection. I will recommend massaging of fillers if a patient feels lumps after treatment a few days after treatment.