Can Massaging Cheeks After Fat Injection Reverse the Effects?

I had fat injected into my cheeks. I understand it takes at least 2 months for the swelling to go down. (I had them 2.5 weeks ago.) I was wondering if I massage my cheeks if the fat would disperse or die? I do not like my results, I just want my normal cheeks back. Any non-surgical help/suggestions is appreciated. The first photo is before and the other 2 are after

Best Way to Reverse Fat Transfer

+1

Hi A,

You should discuss massage and your dissatisfaction with your fat transfer physician.  Be patient and hopefully over the next few months you will be pleased with the results.  At 5 to 6 months after your procedure, the fat that is still present will be permanent.  If you are still unhappy at that point then micro liposuction can be attempted.  As Dr. Val Lambros (Laguna Beach, CA excellent plastic surgeon) has said, "The number one operation that fat transfer doctors perform is fat transfer, the number two operation that they do is put in more fat, and their third is removing excess fat!"

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Can massage help remove fat injections

+1

Sometimes massaging the fat will help the body take the fat away.  IMHO, your face appears broad laterally after the fat transfer.  I stopped using fat injections, many years ago, in favor of more reliable fillers (Perlane, Radiesse) and Cheek Implants.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats-Your-Number-The-Palmer-Code/53723954087

Massaging Cheeks after Fat Injection

+1

You are obviously still bruised and swollen. It is impossible to evaluate your result 2.5 weeks after surgery. Massaging will not eliminate the grafted fat, but may cause problems. Follow your surgeon's instructions.

Fat transfer

+1

I would definitely WAIT at least 1 full month, before doing anything. After that, there are several options to deal with any result that you are not happy with. For now, I strongly advise waiting.

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat graft

+1

You are still bruised and swallen, there will be a lot of change in the next few weeks.

Massage now may displace the fat to other areas that you may not like, and even may drop down to form jowles, then you will need a face lift.

Talk with your surgeon ASAP and see what are your options. Depending on the plane where the fat was put, your surgeon may do some liposuction.