Will Massaging Belotero Help It Dissolve Faster/smooths It Out?

I had belotero injected around corner of mouth 2 weeks ago. It looks OK, just a bit puffy. I do not want to inject vitrase, as the results have been unpredictable for me and I do not want to take the chance again. Will massaging help with the puffiness at this point? Thanks!

Will massage help Belotero break down or smooth out faster?

+1

The answer is yes, it will probably help and certainly won't hurt to massage the area around your mouth.  Belotero also breaks down faster than some of the other fillers so it seems reasonable to wait it out...

Massaging after Belotero

+1

I generally do not have patients massage an area after being treated with a hyaluronic acid, like Belotero.  At two weeks after the treatment at the corners of your mouth, I do not think massaging would harm anything, so you could give it a try.  Belotero does not last more than several months, so it will go down with time.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon