Massages After Lipo & VelaShape

How often should I get a massage after lipo? I am 4 weeks post op right now, what type of massage should I get & how often? Are deep tissue massages the best? I had lipo on my hips, thighs, and abdomen. Also, would you recommend VelaShape instead of massages? Or perhaps a combination of the two (velaShape & deep tissue massage)?, and how often? I was told every week for the first 4-6 weeks but that seems a lot. I am looking to maintain my liporesults, in addition to a healthy diet & exercise.

Massage after liposuction

+1
Massage can start at a week or ten days after surgery. You can use your hands or a soft paint roller for about 20 minutes once or twice a day.

However, please ask your surgeon first for their advice. They may have different guidelines.

Check back with your doctor for recommendations.

+1

You should check with your doctor for recommendations following liposuction to make sure that you are doing the best procedure for your particular situation.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon