Massaged Nose Too Hard Accidentally While Healing from Injury/dealing with Scar Tissue Formation. Now Nose is Engorged Again?

Is there anything I can do but wait? There's scar tissue forming around the tip graft & scar tissue/swelling in the dorsum, but I hit a blood vessel & bled under the skin. It stopped in a few mins, but now one side of the nose is pink/fleshy again & a bruised ring underneath, plus the skin is shiny/pink/engorged with fluid. (Is this lymph?) Surgeon confirmed implant is still intact. Is it just a matter of waiting? 3 months post op, 6 wks post injury.Surgeon said any injection was dangerous.

No massage

+1

Hello. I agree with your surgeon. Stop massaging. This is never a good idea after rhinoplasty. Give it time to heal and the swelling will improve. Follow up with your surgeon in a few months for next steps.

+1

Based upon your description, the likelihood of damage is low, but I would follow with your surgeon.      This will likely take additional time to heal. 

Trauma and Changes to Nose 2 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Significant changes can and do usually occur during the next few months, and no surgeon would recommend doing any potentially risky procedure until those changes have occurred.  Only your surgeon has enough information about where things started, what he/she did during surgery and what has happened since then, to make appropriate decisions at this point.  I would listen to him/her.  If things seem to be worsening or are no better in three months, perhaps getting a second/third/fourth opinion at that point might be wise.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon