I Massaged Lumps in Lower Lip from Juvederm Now my Lip is Huge. Why?

Roughly two weeks ago i had juvederm injected in both my upper and bottom lips. Since then I had problems with my upper lip.. one side was bigger than the other so I got hyduronidase injected.. which corrected the problem. Yesterday I was massaging my bottom lip because I had two lumps on either side.. and somehow the right side blew up. It is so much bigger than the left side. I don't know what happened. All I was doing was massaging the lumps. The doc won't see me for a week. HELP

Swollen lip after massaging lumps from Juvederm

+1

Swelling can be normal after massaging.  Since you were in to see your doctor and had hyaluronidase injected on one side, it is possible for you to have lost the volume on the bottom lip as well, as hyaluronidase travels.  I would encourage you to allow the injected site time to settle and smooth out and then see your doctor for your scheduled follow up appointment so that he can decide what the next treatment option would be.  In the meantime, ice your lips which will help reduce any swelling.

Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Swollen lips after massaging

+1

Being that the product was injected two weeks prior, it is most likely that you are now experiencing swelling from vigorous massaging of the lips.  Massaging lumps two weeks after the initial injection treatment will generally not help (hence why you were given Vitrase for dissolving product) and only further aggravates the area which is why you developed swelling after massaging.

Try cold compresses intermittently for 24 hours until you are able to be seen by your doctor or his/her staff.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/juvedermInjectionsBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx

+1

Sounds like an over injection with a reaction. But no photos posted so very hard to advise. Seek in person second opinion. 

Lip augmentation and fillers

+1

Give it some time to settle a bit. Lips can get very swollen from the fillers and it may take a few weeks to relax a bit.  If you are unahppy with the fullness at that time or complain of lumps, sometimes hyaluronidase can dissolve it.

Juvederm and swollen lip

+1

You might want to stop massaging the area and see what happens. The massage might be causing swelling and by this time you will not change the final result with massage. Go back and see what your doctor says. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Lip swelling?

+1

#1 keep your 1 week appointment with your doc. Let's hope the swelling is just the trauma and will get better with time and ice. If some of the Juvederm was dislodged to the right side you will need the Hylaronidase injection to reduce the fullness. You could also ask your doc's staff to call if there are any cancellations so you can get in sooner.

Lincoln Dermatologist