Can I massage the area injected with Voluma to better mold? (photos)

I'm trying to fill in and smooth out genetic malar lines. I'm only 24 so my PS adviced voluma. Today is day two and there still there. Even with the bruises gone. I feel they will still be then unless I can massage it into place. What do you advice? Thank you

Post-voluma- is it ok to massage?

+1
Typically I do not advise patients to massage the cheeks after Voluma injections.  Does it feel lumpy to you?  If so, this is probably just normal swelling that will go down after a few more days.  If you simply feel that your malar lines are still prominent, you may just need more of the product. 
I would recommend that you wait at least 1 more week, do not massage the area, and then go back to your injector for re-evaluation.
Good luck!

Seattle Dermatologist

Voluma massage

+1
Generally, I do the massage as the surgeon and advise my patients not to massage after I have completed Voluma treatment. Other practitioners may vary on this as it is a personal preference. I would suggest discussing with a Board Certified Dermatologist with expertise with Voluma.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma post-care instructions

+1
I advise all of my filler patients, with the exception of those receiving Sculptra, to avoid massaging treated areas. Massage can interfere with the placement and overall results of your injectible treatment. Most concerns can be easily addressed by your injector, so it’s best to follow up with your doctor to determine the best course of action.

Camille Cash, MD