Does Massage Help Speed Up Restylane Removal

i had restylane under the eyes. one side there is a pillow, the other, a ridge, causing more of a undereye circle than before.. first injection was 4 weeks ago and follow up about 12 days ago. will massage help at this point? i hate it, and i don't want an enzyme injection.

Making Resylane/Jeuvederm go away: Massage, Hyaluronidase and time

+1
Massage might help but only mildly. Hyaluronidase (Wydase) is the best way to go to have it removed 

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/injectables/perlane-restylane/

Restylane - Does Massage Help Speed Up Restylane Removal

+1

Not really.

Massage is used regularly to help "swelling" dissipate (it is successful to varying degrees).  But what you have is not (primarily) swelling; it's the actual product that was injected.

I'm not sure why you don't want the "enzyme" but I think that this is by far the best and most efficient way to help correct this situation.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Restylane can be dispersed with firm, skilled massage.

+1

Restylane can be dispersed with firm, skilled massage performed by an expert who has lots of experience dealing with Restylane injections.  An experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon who does lots of Restylane injections would know what to do.  

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and lumps under eyelids

+1

The hyaluronidase is really the only thing that will remove the Restylane.  You might bruise the delicate lower eyelid skin if you massage to vigorously and IMHO massage won't help.  You can certainly just wait until the Restylane dissolves which should be within 9 months, or so.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Getting Rid of Restylane

+1

The easiest and fastest way to remove unwanted Restylane, Juvederm or other HA products is to have the Vitrase enzyme injection.  You will literally see it melt away almost immediately.  Massage and other techniques will have little if any effect.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Fixing Restylane with massage

+1

Massage is not going to remove Restylane. Hyaluronidase is perfect for this kind of a problem. It's safe, easy to perform and the results are instantaneous. If you are unhappy I would go this route. If you don't want hyaluronidase eventually the Restlyane will dissolve on it's own.

Long Island Dermatologist

Massage After Restylane Injection to Lower Lids

+1

Murphyd,

I can't comment on your situation without seeing photos, but I have had good results in massaging Restylane to smooth it out.  However, if your case is to extreme for this, you will likely benefit from hyaluronidase injection.  I have had great results injecting this enzyme, and I don't think you should reconsider your reluctance to have a hyaluronidase injection.

Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon

Massage will NOT Help Speed Up Restylane Removal

+1

Massaging will push the Restylane from one place to another but will not help break it up. If you wait long enough, the Restylane will break up by itself. Otherwise, the only option to break up Restylane (and other hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Perlane) is to inject Hyaluronidase in the area.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

Does Massage Speed up Restylane Removal?

+1

Hi Murphy.  Massage will not speed up the removal of Restylane.  If you are unhappy with the injection, you should definitely consider hyaluronidase because it's goign to be 9 months to 1 year before the product dissipates on it's own.  

How come you are against using the enzyme (hyaluronidase)?  Have you heard anything negative about the product?  We have only great things to say about it (we use Vitrase) but rarely have to remove the product.  Good luck and please consider the reversal.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/darkCirclesUnderEyes.aspx

Massage For Restylane Removal

+1

Massaging the area of Restylane injections will only minimally help to smooth out the area. However, it will give you something to do while you are waiting for things to get better. Hyaluronidase is the only way to speed up the process. There seems to be numerous questions on RealSelf about problems with injections in the tear troughs. I do not believe that experienced injectors have problems with treating this area. Always ask about the experience of the injecting physician and make sure they have all of the "tools" to use, such as all of the various facial fillers (Sculptra, Radiesse, Perlane, Restylane, and Juvederm) that are approved for use in the United States. The effectiveness of your treatment depends on your physician’s ability to visualize the desired changes and to select and skillfully administer the best treatments alone or in combination. Since every face is different, the experience and technique of your physician injector is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. Always ask to see before and after pictures of patients they have personally injected. If possible, look for someone who is on the medical education faculty for one of the facial fillers. If they have been selected to train other physicians how to treat the aging face they are likely to be good, experienced injectors.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/restylane/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.