Should I Massage my 290cc Natrelle 410MF Implants?

Before 2 months I had an operation and my doctor used 290cc Natrelle 410MF implants. Since 1 month every day I am massaging them in order to make them soft, but I don't know if I am doing it right. My doctor is abroad at the moment and I can't reach him...After the operation he informed me that half of the implant is placed under the muscle and half under my breast.Sometimes after the massage I have ache in my breasts, because of this reason and I am afraid if I could change the shape.Regards,

Massage for textured anatomic implants

+1

Usually with textured anatomic implants, massage is discouraged. But you shoudl check with your surgeon to be sure.

Massage Anatomic Shaped Implants

+1

Since your breast implants are “anatomic”,  not round,  I would suggest you avoid any massage/ manipulation. You do not want implants to rotate and changes shape of the breast. Check with your surgeon when he/she returns.

Massage Not Necessary

+1

Implant massage is a remnant of the "old" days when it was thought to decrease the rate of capsular contracture. I do not belive it is of much help. In addition, it is painful, can make the pocket too large, and in most cases is unnecessary.

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Massage and Natrelle style 410 implants

+1

Your implants are textured and shaped. The texturing helps keep them from rotating so massaging them is likely not a good idea. They should soften gradually over time. Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon