Can I Massage or Compress my Shaped Implant Back in Place?

107lbs, 5'2, pre 32A post 32B+, 270cc anatomical round shaped implant. Right implant seems to have slightly moved out of pocket toward armpit. It is higher, tender and swollen 12 days preop. I have developed a knot under armpit too. Can I massage or use compression to push it back in position? Cant figure out how to post pic...

Moving implant back into position

+1

At twelve days after surgery, it is difficult to say without an exam. Best to see your doctor to check out the position.

+1

It is not uncommon to have asymmetry this early with under the muscle implants, as the muscles need time to relax to accommodate the implants that are stretching out the muscles. Each side improves at its own pace. 

You are best off seeing your surgeon for instructions, and sooner is better than later. All the best. 

Manipulation of an anatomic implant into position

+1

If you have a textured anatomic gel implant that and the superior edge is rotating toward your axilla and you are in the early post operative  period you may be able to manipulate the implant to the correct position.  I would see your plastic surgeon for advice.  

Displaced breast implants cannot be massaged into position.

+1

I'm not sure massage has any role in convalescence of breast augmentation. Nevertheless if the implants is in improper position on an operation will restore it.

Can you massage your implant back into position

+1

It will be difficult to provide you with an accurate assessment of your condition without seeing you in person or in photos. Your best bet will be to follow up with your plastic surgeon to ensure that you do not have a complication from surgery. Thank you for sharing your question and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

+1

Dear Jocado,

Thank you for your question.   Certainly a photo would help.  Implants can be massaged shortly after surgery if not in perfect position, and a bra can be worn to help this as well, but this should be guided by your plastic surgeon.  I suggest you make an appointment to see him/her soon.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon