Should I Massage my Cheeks After Juvederm?

Just got juvederm voluma injected into cheeks. Been about 12 hrs. Quite a bit more bruising on 1 side than the other. I can feel the juvederm under the 1 cheek. Should I massage it to try to smooth it out? I have an appt in a wk. Doc says he will massage at that time, but wont it be too late?

Cheek and fillers

+1

You should speak with yoru doctor about what he wants you to do if the filler is a bit lumpy. SOme will recommend that you do it, while others may have you come in.

You don't want to massage it yourself because you don’t want to move the product

+1

You should consult with your doctor.  You don't want to massage it yourself because you don’t want to move the product. It will affect the results.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Massage after Juvederm

+1

Since you paid your choice of injecting doctor, I would call him to be seen ASAP and strictly follow his post injection instructions. I always give patients a post injection protocol of massage (demonstrated), ice therapy, and a follow up appointment if any questions or concerns within 2 days. Just the way I practice.

Good luck from MIAMI DR. B

Massaging fillers is best done by your physician

+1
Your physician shoud have made sure tthe product was smooth after it was injected. Sometimes blood/bruising can feel lumpy so it might be hard to tell if you are feeling Juvederm or blood. After a week it is hard to massage a filler so I recommend you call your physician and ask if he massaged it after his treatment. If he did, it is probably just blood and will dissove on its own within 1-2 weeks.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers

+1

It is better for your doctor to do the massage. Follow your doctor advise sinse the ultimate result is hois/her's.

Juvederm can be mobilized for up to one week. Bruising can happen anytime you inject anything, Ice it and cover with makeup,it will go away

Massage after deep Juvederm

+1

Please call your doctor and ask them what is best. They have done the procedure and know how they put it in. Massaging for the deep fillers may still be effective a week later. Bruising is often worse on one side.

Ronald Shelton, MD