Massage After Brazilian Butt Lift?

When should I start with the massage after Brazilian Butt Lift? I was told by my friend right after and by the surgeon a month later. When I begin the massage should there be a specific way to do it?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Gentle massage is best immediately after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

This is a very common question that we get our practice. After a Brazilian Butt lift, you now have new fat cells that are living in your butt. Is very important not to put too much pressure on these fat cells as they are busy incorporating into your tissue and becoming a part of you. Immediately after the surgery, it is important that you wear a compressive garment that will put pressure on the areas where you receive liposuction but will not put pressure on to the areas that have the new grafts. If you choose to receive a massage afterwards, let the masseuse know that they should not apply to much pressure on the areas that have received the new fat grafts. Always check with your surgeon on his or her preferences as to the amount of pressure and massage that they recommend for these areas.

For more information on Brazilian butt lifts or butt augmentation, please schedule an iConsult or visit us online at the link below.

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/butt_augmentation_lift.htm

Massage after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

The ideal time to begin deep tissue massage after Brazilian Butt Lift surgery will depend on the type of skin you have, the technique used for your surgery, your progression through the early recovery, and your surgeon's preferences (some surgeons would not want you to massage at all).

My recommendation is for you to contact the surgeon who did the procedure for you... You obviously trusted him/her then- and they are the best person to put the massage into the appropriate context and give you the best recommendation for you.

Congratulations on your new behind!