Massage After Getting Memory Gel Mentor Implants Above Pect Muscle?

Hello, I am 4 weeks post op and had Mentor Memory Gel rough surfaced implants. The implants are above the pect muscle. I've read about massaging, but my surgeon did not recommend that. Do I need to massage and how? Thank you

Textured implants - no massage recommended

+1

Massage of textured implants is not generally recommended.  The purpose of a textured surface is to get an implant capsule interface.   The capsule actually adheres to the surface of the implant.  The thought is that this reduces the risk of a capsular contracture. 

Massage of rough surface implants

+1

Most plastic surgeons recommend "massage" for smooth surface implants...textured implants are designed to have your body tissue grow into the shell...massage would not be necessary in your case, but check with your surgeon.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon