Unhappy with my Results... Should I Get a Lift or Replace with Shaped Implants? (photo)

I had breast augmentation surgery 16 weeks ago. My doctor said that have dropped and now I need a lift. When I first saw him we discussed High profile and 505cc's to avoid liff. I am very upset and do not know where to go from here. He also mentioned that I can remove and replace my current HP 505 to a contoured shape and may avoid the lift. Please advise!!

Mastopexy (or breast lift) is the only way to treat severe sagging breasts.

+1

Mastopexy (or breast lift) is the only reasonable alternative to treating breasts this ptotic or saggy  Do not try to use  bigger or shaped implants.

Unhappy with my Results... Should I Get a Lift or Replace with Shaped Implants?

+1

The shaped implants will not produce the type of result you would want, and the breast lift would be a better choice.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations, breast lifts, and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Don't try to avoid what you need

+1

Based on your photos, I believe that you need a breast lift.  There is no size or shape of implant that will give you a pretty result, without a lift.  You will look much better if the droopy breast and nipple tissue is re-positioned back in the center of the breast - which takes a mastopexy to do.  

Thomas Fiala, MD

Lift now after augmentation

+1

When patients need a lift they need a lift.  An augmentation will not lift the breasts significantly. Some surgeons prefer to stage it anyway.

+1

You must post a before photo. I bet you needed a full lift from the get go. Sorry for the result. Seek a few in person second opinions! 

Unhappy with my Results of Breast Surgery? Should I Get a Lift or Replace with Shaped Implants?

+1

I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after breast surgery. As you know, breast lifting will likely be the “solution” in terms of achieving better positioning/shape of your breast. Exchange of the breast implants for a different size, shape, profile etc. of breast implant will not suffice. 

For the benefit of future patients considering breast surgery;  when a diagnosis of breast ptosis (drooping) is present, there is no way of getting around the need for breast lifting ( including the use of larger breast implants).

If a patient who would benefit from breast lifting surgery were to undergo breast augmentation surgery only,  I think that 2 types of “results” would be predictable:

1. She will end up with “big and low” breasts and unhappy with the aesthetic outcome etc.

2. She will end up with the breast implants sitting high on her chest wall with the breast tissue lower down,  again creating an aesthetically unpleasant outcome. She will find that she will continue to have breast skin sitting on top of upper abdominal wall skin, unless she lift the breasts.

For some patients the necessity of additional scars  associated with breast lifting surgery is a “dealbreaker” ; for these patients it is better to avoid breast surgery altogether.

On the other hand, many patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

A Breast Lift Is Unavaoidable

+1

To put it succinctly, there is no way you are going to avoid a lift. Exchanging implants, regardless of implant size or shape, is not going to lift your sagging breasts.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD