Is My Appearance At This Point Normal 5 Days Post Op? (photo)

Hello...I had upper and lower abs done along with my flanks...looking at pic's now..I should of done back due to bra bulge..by looking at my pic's do I look like where I should be. I feel my abs are not showing much result like some pic's I have seen. I am 46 and being realistic...im not expecting to look like a model...I did not have much leakage from my ab area after procedure but did from flanks...do things appear to be at the stage they should be..I just want my moneys worth for what I spent

Exvcellent 5 Day Laser Lipo Result-will improve for 6 months

+3

Than k you for your question.

Your results look excellent for 5 days out.

Remember the thermal skin tightening effect of Laser Liposuction does not get started until 6 weeks and will continue for 6 months or more. You should have an excellent long term result.

Residual swelling after Liposuction

+2

Hi,

It looks like you still have some residual swelling after liposuction. This is quite common after liposuction. A good way to gauge the improvement from pre-op is to take a tape measure and record the circumference every few days. This way you can see the gradual improvement over time. You final result may not be apparent until after 6 to 8 weeks. 

I do notice on you pre-op photos that the abdominal bulge maybe partially attributed to laxity of abdominal muscle as well as excessive lower abdominal wall skin. They contribute to the appearance of you abdomen. Just getting rid of the fat may not be enough to achieve the best result.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS 

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Results Appear Normal

+1
Thank you for your question and photos. Your results appear normal after less than one week after laser  lipo.  You should continue to improve with time. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon