Is Hyaluronidase for Boletero Safe and Effective? Or Can It Cause More Problems? (photo)

I have dark puffy bags under my eyes since getting boletero. Is hyaluronidase a safe way to dissolve them or can it cause more problems? I'm weighing the pros and cons of waiting for boletero to dissolve naturally vs dissolving it! I would like to be back to what I was before the procedure but I don't know what's possible and definitely want the best long term approach. Thank you.

Is Hyaluronidase for Boletero Safe and Effective?

+1

Give it a full 2-3 weeks for Belotero to settle before trying to remove this product. If you're completely unhappy, you could have hyaluronidase injected to dissolve the area that was injected but would need a few treatments to see full result 

At times it can take 2-3 weeks for the product to settle down

+1

In order to provide you with the best possible answer to your question, I would need to know how long ago you have the Belotero placed under your eyes?  At times it can take 2-3 weeks for the product to settle down and during this time it can attract water and swell intermittently.  If it has been longer than 2-3 weeks and you are unhappy with the Belotero, Hyaluronidase can be a safe and effective way to dissolve some of the Belotero.   I would recommend scheduling an appointment with your injector or a board certified facial plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Belotero to eye area

+1

Hyaluronidase is an option to get rid of the product. The tear trough area is a little more difficult to remove product from. It may take a few treatments. Best of luck.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS