Eyelid Deform and Orbit Fractured As the Result of Car Accident? (photo)

My brother was in a car accident last year, and his eyelid was damaged and right eye was exposed.The orbit and sinus is fractured, in a way that the eyebrow is upper that the other one. Six months ago he had craft from behind hid ear to make it longer. His eyelid is so thick and deformed now. He has been consulting with 5 or 6 eye and plastic surgeons and they all have different opinion. please give me some advise and tell me if there is any hope to fix this.

Orbital Fracture

+2

I cannot evaluate this complex injury from these photos.  Your brother would need to be seen probably by both a plastic surgeon/facial plastic surgeon and an oculoplastic surgeon.  He should stick with one surgeon but perhaps also seek a consultation at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. 

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow Bone and Orbital Reconstruction

+2

Just in looking at the pictures, the first step in this type of reconstruction is to correct the underlying bony structure which is the obvious deformed brow bone. It would be very helpful to see a 3D CT scan first. Given the numerous scars in the area, this could likely be done through these existing scars to reshape the brow bone. What can be done to the upper eyelid and orbit can not be determined just from these pictures alone.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Photograph not enough to make a decision about old orbital fracture.

+2

Is impossible to say from the photograph what is the best approach to this problem. Much depends upon the condition of the bony orbit. What destruction has been done to the soft tissue must be established as well.