Can a fragmented piece of butt implant in butt cheek cause nerve damage? Can I get a Brazilian Butt lift?

I have a fragmented piece of butt implant in right cheek after butt implant removal. Surgeon said I don't need to remove the fragment if it does not hurt.

Fragmented piece of buttock implant cause nerve damage?

+1
It is unlikely that a fragmented piece of your buttock implant will cause nerve damage however one cannot say with absolute certainty.  Also unlikely but possible is that because it is a retained foreign object is could get infected in the future.  It is basically your decision whether to proceed with removal or not.  If considering Brazilian buttock lift, I would almost definitely recommend removal at that time however.  Glad to help.

+1
You can get a Brazilian buttlift after the removal of buttock implants.   I would remove the buttock implant fragment as well prior to the Brazilian buttlift. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Fragmented Butt Implant

+1
Of course, anything is possible.  However, it would have to be pressing on the sciatic nerve and a full work up including evoke potentials, EMGs, and an MRI would be needed to ascertain the likelihood of the fragment being the cause of your symptoms..which I did not really get a good feeling for.  What are your symptoms exactly and what is the history of your buttocvk implant surgery and (presumed) subsequent removal?  All this information would be helpful in answering your question better.   Of course, once this is addressed, your candidacy for buttock reshaping using natural fat transplantation could be assesed. Good Luck - Dr D

Daniel Del Vecchio, MD