Masectomy with Reconstructive Surgery for Recurring Abscesses and Fibrocystic Tissue?

I'm 29 y/o and planning to have a double mastectomy followed by reconstructive surgery due to recurring abscesses and fibrocystic tissue. I have already lost my right nipple due to abscesses. The pain caused by these is so great that I feel like I have no other choice but to remove my breasts and reconstruct. I'm wondering if there are any other options....

Mastectomy

+1

With the limited information you give. the decision for a double mastectomy. the breast abscess can be treated without mastectomy. The presence of infection one has to decide when to do the reconstruction and the best method of reconstruction.

You need multiple second opinions with detailed history and physical examination before such a major decision is made.