I Had a Wound That Was Hard to Heal and Now Seems Worse. Should I Be Do Something else? (photo)

I have a wound & after getting my stitches out seems worse. There seems to be separation between incision leaving openings. I can see tissue near my nipple area. My PS has me putting 1% silver sufadiazine cream on it- twice a day and gauze. He told me I will have a bigger scar on my right breast but that it will be fine.I feel like it keeps getting worse than better. The purple/scab area/ has gotten smaller but the wound under it has gotten wider. Any suggestions (There is cream on my breast in pic)

Breast Reduction and Incision Line Healing Problem?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you are experiencing. These type of incision line healing problems do tend to fluctuate in appearance;  sometimes things do look worse before they do look better.  It seems like your plastic surgeon is treating the area appropriately;  continue to exercise patience,  do not be disturbed by daily fluctuations in appearance of the area, and follow up closely with your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes;  hopefully, you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

I Had a Wound That Was Hard to Heal and Now Seems Worse. Should I Be Do Something else?

+1

Sorry for the issues. Sounds like your surgeon is doing correct treatments. But if so concerned obtain in person second opine ions. 

Difficulty with wound healing after breast reduction

+1
Sorry about your experience after your breast reduction. Wounds sometimes go through stages of healing where things look bad before they get better. You are in the "things look bad" stage. But, there is hope. Continue with the wound care regimen that your plastic surgeon has prescribed and follow up frequently. You will get better in time. Thank you for sharing your photo and concerns. Best wishes.